Friday, August 5, 2011

What Are You Doing Today?

What are your plans for the day?

My housework, the girls' camp.

Are you going out today?

You mean for a drive?  No.

Oh.

Do you want to come with me when I go to pick up the children?

Is it a far drive?

No..but you could come for the ride, anyhow.

Would I have to walk around?

No, you could wait in the car, the windows could be open, we'll be down by the beach.

The air conditioning won't be on?

No, I told you we have to bring the van into the mechanics.

So, no air conditioning.

But, we'll be down by the beach.  There is a nice breeze.

I don't really like going for a drive if there is no air conditioning.

I told you the car has to be fixed.

When are you going to get it fixed?

I don't know--the car is old, it may not be worth it.

To get the air conditioning fixed?

We haven't had it all summer.  My husband's car has air conditioning.  As long as there is a breeze, you don't seem to miss it.

I like air conditioning, you know, when I go for my drive.

I don't have air conditioning.  Are you still coming?

Where?

To the beach--to pick up the girls.

I don't know.

Okay, I'm not going till long after lunch.

Can't you try to fix the air conditioning?

No, I can't.  I am not a mechanic.  The breeze will still be nice.

It's not the same.  Okay, I will stay home.

No problem.  What do you want for lunch?

Are we going out?

1 comment: