Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Live to be 100

An interesting article from the Guardian about centenarians; 1 in 4 children under the age of 16 have a likelihood of living to be 100 years of age. It is an interesting article and while it discusses the material concerns of the aged it fails to discuss the social ones. I cannot help but think of seniors who live their lives without concern for others and then need help...You know what goes around comes around and I keep having this concern for how people who put their children in daycare are surprised when their children put them in seniorcare. The matriarch drives me crazy and, sometimes, I feel like I am in this unending spiral of not doing enough for her and living with the guilt of it all, but, really, isn't it better for her here than elsewhere? I tell myself that everyday and bring her cookies to eat at night....

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/apr/19/live-to-be-100-one-in-four-britons

No comments:

Post a Comment