Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Old Age Police

My husband says age is determined by how young the police are; if all the policemen look young to you, one is old.  I am apparently extremely naive about old age.  I give my mother-in-law way too much credit.

But, then, my husband is the one who spoke to the matriarch about traveling to Florida.

A 100 year old woman in a car and a 24 hour drive to Florida...he is crazy.

My mother-in-law thinks this is a brilliant idea because she cannot fly anywhere anymore.  This is not going to happen; it is not worth discussing.  Why would my husband even bring the idea up?  I am not sitting in a car driving to Florida because the matriarch cannot fly anymore....Really, that is the least of her problems.

But it has just become my biggest one.

No comments:

Post a Comment