Thursday, July 14, 2011

Raspberries...Again

So, the girls and I must pick raspberries Monday morning.  The season has opened; strawberries are done, raspberries are to be frozen next.

I think that, as a consequence of my aging, it seems we are always freezing fruit for my mother-in-law to eat.  It seems my routine is feeding the woman...and my children.  I have 2 chest freezers and by Monday night 1 will be completely full with this year's fruit: 100 litres of strawberries, 16 litres of rhubarb and whatever we do in raspberries.  Do you realize an 100 year old woman will eat all this?  Seriously.

If I didn't see my mother-in-law actually eat, I wouldn't believe it either.

Ooh, and the sugar...

As my husband likes to question, "Why is this house always out of sugar?"

I think you know the answer.  We cannot be the only family in the world living like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment