Thursday, January 14, 2010

Frozen Fruit

The matriarch takes frozen fruit up to her room every night; well, actually, my husband or I bring a bowl of frozen strawberries or raspberries and a glass of water to her. The fruit is frozen because the children and I picked enough fruit at a local farm to last the winter; it remains frozen because my mother-in-law prefers cold fruit during the night; she doesn't eat the stuff right away, but lets it melt and get all syrupy with the sugar and she eats it at 2 o'clock in the morning. It is not my choice of sweet but she likes it or she used to like it. This morning, the matriarch told me she would like to start eating pudding during the night, vanilla or butterscotch preferably. This is going to be a pain because she wants home-made pudding--which is setting me up for disaster--and no one else eats it. I am not going to get up in the middle of the night to make pudding and she won't eat the tinned stuff or the jell-o variation. My husband is going to have to talk to her about this; I know I could make it during the day and bring it up to her before I do go to bed; but I think she wants company while she eats it during the night. Is it possible to be on a power trip at 98?

No comments:

Post a Comment