Monday, January 11, 2010

The Quest for Sugar

If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it.  My husband discovered we have gone through yet another 6 kilo. bag of sugar.  Admittedly, it is after Christmas and we just polished off another round of home made doughnuts but I bought the bag in December--after most of the Christmas baking was completed.  My husband had that moment of worry, of wondering what to do if he couldn't put sugar on his mother's fruit; the remnants of the bag had been emptied into all the sugar bowls in the house, so his worry was needless, but kind of funny nonetheless; I think he doesn't believe me when I tell him his mother eats A LOT of sugar.  This evening when we came home from gymnastics, we had rhubarb and custard-it was lovely; my mother-in-law put 2 tablespoons of sugar onto her pudding and the rest of us watched because it really wasn't necessary.  Oh well, sweets to the sweet, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment