Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Can See and Other non Sequiters

That's the pepper. You've already put pepper on your food. No, you put the pepper down and picked it up again. Would you like me to add the salt?

I know you can go down the stairs but you're not near them, yet.

Are your eyes bothering you?

It's not bar-b-que sauce; it's a moist toilette.

The vinegar is right in front of you; it's in a glass bottle. I wouldn't think it was invisible but maybe...

Are you sure your eyes haven't gotten worse, lately?

There are no steps up to the restaurant. It's just a different coloured patio stone. You could lose your balance, please put your foot down.

There is sugar on your cereal. You want more? Are you sure? That looks like a lot of sugar already. I'm sorry I didn't mean to put so much on; I thought you asked for more. Yes, I know you did and I did tell you there was already a lot on there.

I think maybe we should see the doctor about your eyes. Yes, I know there is nothing that can be done but, maybe, he could help you admit that you don't see as well as you did. Yes, I know you see fine. Nothing has changed.

That's a step. Then, there's another. No, they did not get new walkway stones.

Yes, it's raining out. You can hear the raindrops on the window? No, of course not. You see them. Can you tell I put the wipers on? Yes, I did. See, they're going back and forth. Maybe you can hear them.

I do not want to grow old.

No comments:

Post a Comment