Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Search for Tissues Continues

The matriarch has been spending a lot more time with my husband. He was able to arrange his work hours to be at home more and, thus, has spent more time with his mother. The quest for large size tissues is on again. And, my husband doesn't quite have the patience to go to every store I have been to in order to double check the lack of tissues. It is driving him crazy. The matriarch won't let the subject drop. To make matters worse, the matriarch doesn't really need the tissues; she just doesn't want to run out before, oh I don't know, November.

My husband will not take his mother for a drive every day; he has told her it is a waste of gas. One thing about being an only child is the fact the matriarch will always see my husband as right. Mind, I still take her for a drive and listen to her talk about how her son says it's a waste of gas. She has to do something, I feel; my husband argues, it is her life and if she wants to sit in her room all the time, let her. It is not that he has no sympathy; he is deeply frustrated. Imagine, this is his mother's existence and there is not a thing he can do to motivate her to change it. In the nice weather, she could, at least, sit outside. She won't even ask to listen to the Stuart McLean CDs; I always have to offer it to her. Of course, it is frustrating. What can you do? Entertain a senior 24 hours a day? Not even my children were that demanding when they were young.

No comments:

Post a Comment