Saturday, June 12, 2010

Going for a Visit

The matriarch has gotten it into her head she is going to visit her sister-in-law on the 27th of June and they will go for fish and chips. The sister-in-law has not called, as far as I know no communication has occurred. This is all in the matriarch's head. I don't know what she gets thinking about; though, as I pointed out to my husband, these thoughts are indicative of her boredom. I think.

The matriarch's ninety-ninth birthday is in a week and a half; at her request, we are to have a dinner party for twelve at the Keg. The sister-in-law was not invited; although, my husband thought she should have been. It makes one wonder why the matriarch would be so set on a visit to her sister-in-law but equally set on excluding her from the dinner. Maybe the matriarch thinks the sister-in-law likes fish better than steak?

No comments:

Post a Comment