Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sugar, sugar and True Love

The matriarch is back to eating her sugar with everything, and bananas; she is eating bananas like they are going out of style. I am a little annoyed with her today. The matriarch wouldn't come to the children's gymnastics show because she had to have a shower; men always notice a lady freshened by a shower before she goes out. My thought response was "If you're not coming to the show, where are you expecting to go?"

The matriarch expects to meet a man. I suspected her hormones were hopping when my friend came over last week but I didn't think she would get so caught up in the daydream. My husband thinks it's funny. What are you going to do?

It's so easy for people to find it amusing; they aren't dealing with an 100 year old woman in the midst of an imaginary infatuation. It is dealing with a teenager with experience, lots and lots of experience. And, it happens to seniors, it happens to middle aged women and to older men and to teenagers in the throes of hormones: love, deep, passionate love.

No comments:

Post a Comment