Friday, November 27, 2009

This is NOT a rant.....

Swiss Chalet is the matriarch's favourite restaurant.  The staff at the Barrie Mapleview restaurant are, without exception, incredible; they treat my mother-in-law like a Queen, celebrate her birthday with her, know her favourite meals and are probably the nicest group of people around.  If they were the standard, I could name a few stores I have dealt with lately that don't even come close to remotely acceptable behaviour.  I am allowed to complain about the matriarch; I am with her 24/7 and for the all the nonsense I know for a 98 year old lady she is incredible.  However, a cashier yawned in the matriarch's face today; it doesn't matter she couldn't see her, it was rude.  At another store, the cashier got bothered because my mother-in-law had to search through her purse for her envelope of money to pay for her Poppycock Sweets; the woman kept making asides to the bag boy and he was embarrassed.  Lastly, and I phoned to complain about this, my mother-in-law was refused service because she was very old and someone didn't want to deal with her.  All of these behaviours are unacceptable.  All of them were wrong and annoying.  And, I deeply resent people who fail to recognize that we all become seniors and we are all people worthy of polite consideration.  Not everyone has to be friendly, but all people in customer service, whatever kind, should be polite.  I know my mother-in-law is not the easiest person to deal with but there is no excuse for failing to recognize that this person before you has lived for a very long time and is entitled to some respect.  Aargh!  It was a very long day, and we weren't shopping for that long, but I swear we met every inconsiderate and rude person going today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment