Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Wedding....

It was a beautiful event for my friend; she looked beautiful and she and the groom are off to a Happy start.  The matriarch had a great time; though, I didn't have time to get her a new dress, I did get her hair done and she went to the spa for her manicure and pedicure.  It was a Catholic Wedding and the kneeling, standing and sitting nearly killed her; my husband told his mother she didn't have to participate, she could just sit and watch, but I don't know what got into my mother-in-law.  It was as if she was out to prove something at the Wedding.  She participated fully in the Mass; my parents took her out for lunch (1/4 chicken dinner and coconut cream pie); she came to the reception (appetizers, dinner, dessert, Wedding Cake) and stayed awake the whole day.  Even the children couldn't believe their Grandma...She didn't sleep the hour drive home and ate fruit and chocolate before she went to bed.  I think she had a good time and the matriarch thought the bride looked lovely.  My husband and I were able to dance together and the children were able to run around and have fun and people came over to the matriarch and told her how wonderful she was 98.  It was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment