Friday, October 9, 2009

Things I Never Thought Of

So, does a gay senior have a sex life?  The matriarch's former neighbour phoned today to talk about her new friend who could have been her boyfriend except he's gay.  Now, I really don't want to know the answer to my question but I do think a man or woman who is looking for companionship can be a boy friend/ girlfriend whether or not sex is involved.  I think.  The matriarch was giving her friend all kinds of advice and it was like listening to a couple of teenagers.  The neighbour is out to find a boyfriend; the mother-in-law told her she has to put herself out there, be social, ask if the wife is at home knitting...I couldn't believe it but then, of course, I could.  Everyone wants companionship; my mother-in-law would leave here and move in with a man who had a car in a heartbeat.  It would be a pragmatic decision, in a way; she'd rather end her days with a companion than her family.  Although, I begin to suspect she doesn't think she is going to die.  At the rate she lives, she could be right.  And, she could be back again when I am 80.   Anyhow, the mother-in-law gave her former neighbour all kinds of advice and most of it would have been applicable when I was in high school.  Maybe I should have gotten my single friends to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment