Friday, September 25, 2009

The Church of the Jedi Force and Tears

CBC had a great interview with a fellow who has founded the Church of the Jedi Force...He takes it all quite seriously.  The Matriarch listened and tried to make sense of what was being said...I don't think she quite got it but I could almost see her brain try to make sense of Church and something out of Star Wars.  In some ways, at least, she is open-minded.

My Father did a fabulous job of painting my dining room and living room and he worked quite hard all week.  When my mother-in-law came down to lunch and my Dad said "Hi," she barely acknowledged him.  I know she was hungry, but I felt she could have said something.  When my husband came in this evening, I began to cry because I thought it would not have taken the matriarch much effort to acknowledge my father, to acknowledge his work.  And, it was too much.  My husband is more reconciled to his mother's selfishness; he has told me time and again, she is not going to change.  I drive myself to tears hoping she will.

No comments:

Post a Comment