Sunday, September 27, 2009

Things I Have Done....

Made beds, cleaned vomit, cleaned toilets, vacuumed, made breakfast, given medication, bought groceries, done laundry, changed fuses, taken drives, done lunch, done dinner, made trips to the doctor, social calls to the hospital, trips to the other house at 2 o'clock in the morning, welcomed an in-law into the house, moved rooms, painted the old master room, painted the bathroom, made beds, changed sheets, cleaned toilets, cleaned vomit, cleaned accidents, put in medication, made dinners, made desserts, bought sugar, listened to complaints, phoned family to ask to visit, phoned friends to keep contact, done more laundry, been accused of stealing dresses, defended children accused of cutting up crochet, defended self against accusations of using a handicapped sticker, taken drives to nowhere everyday for an hour, listened to complaints about money, changed the volume on the television when it is too loud and when it is too low, opened windows for a breeze, closed windows when the breeze is too strong, bought more sugar, been accommodating to diet restrictions, listened to historical revisions about family life, listened to complaints about family, listened to complaints about my family, listened to expectations about my children's behaviour, bought more sugar and, except online and to my husband, I have not lost my patience.  And, if I find humour in some of the routine I must go through, I will laugh.  And I will not apologize for my immaturity.  It is humour that keeps us sane--no matter where it is found.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I hear you-and your mother inlaw is blessed to have you -and you know I know it's true even when you complain. See you soon.jm

    ReplyDelete