Monday, September 28, 2009

A Little Angry

My mother-in-law couldn't go for a drive today; it was raining.  It is weird to make the choice for her but if she were to catch a cold on a wet day, it would bother me terribly.  I have told her no drives in the rain. Period.  So, the matriarch spent most of the day up in her room, probably in a huff.  But this evening, she came down for peanut butter and jam sandwiches at nine at night.  My children eat a lot; they do a lot of activities and tonight was gymnastics.  So, once home, into the fridge they went and Grandma came down to see what they were making and everyone sat at the table drinking tea, eating open-faced peanut butter and jam sandwiches and listening to my youngest tell jokes and make fun of siblings.  If the matriarch spent most of the day angry, she chose to get over it, spend the evening with us and go to bed happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment